Wednesday 1 September 2010

I'm a girl with the best intentions something I should probably mention...

What should you do when everyone around you is having babies, getting married, starting new jobs or at least going on holiday and you are stuck just where you are? For 9 months I have been looking for a job and only in the last 2 months or so have I started to even get interviews. Which as the boyfriend keeps saying is great and it is. He has a job he got paid for the first time today and I’m going for an interview. But deep inside somewhere there is a green-eyed jealousy monster eating me up. When I was on my gap year 2008/2009 me and the boyfriend would lay in bed together and we made plans, this time next year we’ll have moved out of his Mums house. Well its autumn 2010 and I still don’t have a job and we're still living at his Mums. We were planning to get married next year but without me having a job we can’t afford it.

So today there is no advice today it is just me asking, how on earth do I, stay a good sister to my sister who is getting married; a good girlfriend to my boyfriend who is getting paid and working; and a good friend to all the girls I know who’s lives are moving forward with jobs, babies, uni or holidays. How do you do that with grace and happiness that I would wish to have if it was the other way round? So while I bottle this all up I hope that your lives are moving along nicely and if they’re not just try and find that grace.

Lots of love from a very stuck
S
xxxx

Song of the day: I Want Something That I Want – Grace Potter & Bethany Joy Galeotti

No comments:

Post a Comment