Monday 24 January 2011

catch up...

Hi I just thought we'd have a little catch up...

Well last week was a good week, the gig was amazing but what was even more amazing was the response my little blog got. In three days my blog got 100 views, mind blowing to be honest my average daily views totals at about 15 on a good day. The best thing was that people didn't just like it for the fact I was writing about bands they had seen or like, people were saying they like my writing. I know that you regular readers have commented on liking my writing before, but it's sort of like when your Mum tells you your beautiful and you don't believe her because she's has to say it she's your Mum. Then a stranger comes along and gives you a compliment and your all like wow thanks. I know shameful. So with the new found confidence and the advice you sweet readers gave me before about sit down to write and the thoughts will come, My aim is to post regularly 3 times a week at least not the same days every week and some times it may be more but I trying to make writing my output.

Secondly this blog is me just as I am, no agenda or falseness, so the other night at the gig and from my post I realised that music always has and always will be a huge part of my life. It's like a friend just because I'm having a rough time and it's not doing what I want it to doesn't mean I can give up on it. So there will be more music on the blog. No actual music I promise. (I hate those websites that have music and you can't figure out how to turn it off grrr!) It won't be over the top oooo I wrote one music posts and it really grabbed an audience lets become a music blog, it will be just a, this week I'm spending every hour listening to... Or the occasional this album is amazing and I think you'd like it too.

Lastly I'm sure if you are a bride to be that you have already got A Practical Wedding in your google reader or RSS feed. If you haven't you should so stop planning take a pause from the stress and for God's sake start at the beginning. It will save your soul!! A while back I thought that the boyfriend and I really need to plan not the wedding but the type of marriage we wish to have. It's a whole life time living as individuals in a couple and I want to be sure there is not something serious that we have forgotten to discuss. We will be taking wedding counselling with our Priest but I'd like to know where we stand before we get to that point. As always a few days ago A Practical Wedding jumped to advise with this post Ask Team Practical: Books for Brides & Wives.

Two that came highly recommended were Miss Manners' Guide to a Surprisingly Dignified Wedding and The Hard Questions: 100 Essential Questions to Ask Before You Say I Do. I am currently looking into getting the second book. I did buy Miss Manners' Guide last night on my kindle. It is amazing I can't put it down it should be a wedding gift for all brides to be. It's like all the sense and reason your mother should be telling you but she's too busy measuring her hat! I'm only a couple of chapters in and already changing my views about the wedding. To be honest we all already know that what Miss Manners says is completely correct but we read wedding magazines and get caught up in the competition of it all. Once I have read it all I will report back and start to plan out wedding.

I hope you are all well and happy
Love
Simone
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment