Monday 31 January 2011

There are few hours in life more agreeable than the hour dedicated to the ceremony known as afternoon tea...

Now don't get me wrong, I love tea as much as the next Brit... but well... the wedding industry and blog land have killed the tea party for me...

Me and my Mum used to have weekly tea parties after school on a Thursday. It would consist of a mismatched tea set, a pot of tea, cakes, biscuits and cucumber sandwiches. It always felt very grand we some times would sit in the garden to take tea... We lived in a council estate in Basildon and I'm pretty sure that none of the other girls did this when they got home from school.

So when I started planning the wedding for the first time a couple of years ago a tea party sounded like a fabulous idea very fitting for my love of the British tea party. But then slowly everyone was throwing one for there reception. Then Tim Burton made his version of Alice in Wonderland, and well the tea party exploded!

The edgy beauties over at Rock 'n' Roll Bride were throwing the most astounding Alice tea parties like this.

and the sophisticated ladies over at Rock My Wedding were throwing vintage tea parties like this


and as awesome and as beautiful as these tea parties are feels like so unoriginal I thought about brunch but this would need to be earlier than we can have our reception. I wanted whites and golds, regal looking, sophisticated and elegant which would have worked best with candle light and dinner but we can't afford it so I thought a relaxing brunch but I can't find a caterer that will work with this idea. So I'm totally stuck I don't want to throw another standard tea party reception that's been done before and I completely at a loss at what to do.

I'm normally so creative, its killing me that I can't think of anything original or something I love so much that it doesn't matter that it has been done before.

Love
Simone
xxxx

1 comment:

  1. I hope you come up with something! push your creativity outside of the box :)

    Check out Runway Rundown, this week RR is featuring Wedding Week with awesome designer dresses as a little inspiration to women who are looking for the perfect fit for them!

    www.runwayrundown.com

    ReplyDelete