Sunday 10 October 2010

I'm tired of looking 'round rooms wonder what I gotta do, Or who I'm supposed to be, I don't wanna be anything other than me...

My how things can change in such a sort amount of time. It really is all about being in the right place at the right time.

You know when your at school and your parents and teachers tell you to decide what you want to be, where your life will go and what subjects you need to get there. Well I was a special case from a really young age I knew that I wanted to be a teacher. I always wanted to make a difference, change someone’s life or even the change the whole world. I knew I could never do that being a doctor or a nurse because I faint at the sight of a nosebleed. I couldn’t write a book or a song that touched someone’s heart and made him or her remember what life is all about, lord knows I tried. But if you see me with people of any age they open up and become comfortable with me, people tend to want to tell me everything first time they meet me. And you know that crying child at the supermarket/shopping mall/on the bus, I’m the person they look at and instantly stop crying and look interested. Apparently it’s something to do with my face and body language. Everyone always says I look like someone they know (I mean I’m told daily). From the age of about 8 years old I could hold my own in a conversation with a group of adults, and could always make friends with people my own age. I make friends everywhere, I find it so hard to be mean to people even if their mean to me, and I always prefer to give rather than get. I don’t mean to sound big headed this is just what people tell me constantly.

The reason I tell you this is that I didn’t really do very well at school so I decided I would have to get experience doing what I love, my work experience at the age of 15 was as a teaching assistant at a school for children with disabilities and learning difficulties. I went on a gap year where I gave a year to working with children and young adults aged 10 – 18 years old. Even with all this experience its very difficult to get a job with people without a qualification and I knew that I couldn’t afford university even though my absolute dream job would be to be a primary school teacher. Then last year I did a course to teach in the life long learning sector, which allows me to teach anything after compulsory education so after age 18, even though I’m only 20.

I was then sent on a course by the job centre where they teach people to find work. While there the person that ran my course looked at my C.V. and was shocked by my experience and new qualification, which lead to them telling me they had a job vacancy teaching the course I was currently on. So I applied not thinking it would get me anywhere as I’m 20 and they teach up to the age of 24. Also the money is amazing for someone of my age and it was more than I could ever hope for.

Well I am now due to start in less that 4 weeks time! Which means over time I can pay to train part time as a primary school teacher!!! Start planning a very small wedding and start to look at renting a flat.

I’d just like to say to all the people that said I couldn’t do it, even to my Mother who told me just to be a hair dresser, that I can do it! (see last post) And I have, with the support from the boyfriend.

Much excitement
And Love
S
xxxx

Song for today – I Don't Wanna Be - Gavin DeGraw
(Yes I know One Tree Hill but listen to the lyrics lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment